Don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can ever go wrong"- Ella Fitzgerald

Tuesday, June 22, 2010


I think I am the last person involved in the design world to discover Design Sponge. I finally clicked my way to it and was glued to the page for 45 minutes reading an entire backlog of entries. I love these adorable picnic shots, which I saw right before I was about to head out on a picnic myself. To celebrate the longest day of the year, the summer solstice, my boyfriend and I set out to picnic around 7:30 P.M for a sunset dinner in Waveny park. I took pictures of dinner because I just didn't think I could be so in love with a sandwich.

1. Multigrain Raisin Bread from Le Pain Quotidien
2. Fresh Basil Pesto, Mozarrella and Tomatoes from the New Canaan farmers market
3. Grilled with olive oil spray, salt and pepper on panini press
So So So good! It was so nice to sit outside on a blanket, eat fresh sandwiches and fruit salad and watch the sun go down and the fireflies come out. Although my photography skills and styling aren't anywhere close to the one's featured on Design Sponge , I think I still did okay! Looking forward many more meals outside this summer under the early evening sky...


** UPDATE** While I was writing this post, I checked Design Sponge again and look what I saw... an under 100$ Picnic Roundup. Such adorable, delicious picks. Now I have a wishlist!! ( The lemonade canister and red striped straws would also be perfect for a summer party, they scream backyard BBQ to me, so precious!)

1 comment:

  1. tomato, basil, mozzarella are my favorite sandwiches in the world! you and your boyfriend look so great! such a fun evening.

    ReplyDelete