Don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can ever go wrong"- Ella Fitzgerald

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

This month's Lonny magazine is over 230 pages (are virtual pages still pages?) of eclectic and decadent interiors. While not all of their choices are exactly my taste, I like that Lonny appeals to multiple design sensibilities. It did feature two articles that I absolutely loved and this month's "We Went Mad For..." is so fun! Tori Mellott was one of my favorite Domino contributors, her,Ellie and Michelle's choices are girly, glamorous and fun.

My Favorites:
1. Michelle's Pink & White umbrella photo
2. Ellie's Anthropologie chair
3. Torrie's pink quartz book ends
4. Torrie's raspberry pillow from Calypso home
Editorial assistant Ellie Somerville's NYC apartment is both whimsical and elegant. I'm so happy that Lonny featured a young working girl, not an established celebrity or business person with more resources (even though Ellie does work at one of the pinnacles of design expertise). In a year I will be living in an apartment (after my year long stint in the Delta Gamma house) and then not so far off is the after college/graduate school years when I will really have a place of my own. Ellie's apartment has so many elements that I could see myself including my future home. Even though I won't have the entire Lonny team to inspire, create and style my space there is plenty of inspiration and pieces that I could incorporate.


My Favorites:
1. The dramatic Ikea pendant light (89$ !!!)
2. Yellow Parsons Desk
3. Glamorous and crisp white William Sonoma Home linens
4. Navy and white Kalah fabric
5. Damn Good Sweets coffee table book, Yum!
The other feature I was so excited to see was Kate Spade creative director, Deborah Lloyd's lake home. This shoot was styled to perfection. While the decor I thought was pretty simple, the beauty was in the details. I appreciate the contrast of the simple walls and furniture with more colorful home accents and accessories, the bright and feminine style synonmous with the paper brand's aesthetic that I love so much.


My Favorite Things:
1. Beautiful pieces from the Kate Spade line dangling from the clothes line in color order
2. The shabby chic painted mirror above Lloyd's bedroom dresser
3. The pink bath mat and styled shelving
4. Purple pillows covered in an old Kate Spade fabric
5. The purple and white blocked curtains with ribbon ties
6. Red and pink blooms all over
So happy with this issue. I'm so appreciative of the creative genius and ingenuity of this online publication. Being able to directly click to an item you love is a great perk. I think it is so interesting how the world of media is changing. While I don't find myself losing any appreciation for the feeling of flipping a glossy magazine's pages through my fingers, I am so happy that I can enjoy Lonny's gorgeous through my computer screen and explore the new advantages of internet publications.

No comments:

Post a Comment