Don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can ever go wrong"- Ella Fitzgerald

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Add Image
{ via habitually chic}

Eddie Ross's window for the Bloomingdales challenge (he represented Elle Decor) is so inspired. Its been commented and posted about so many times over the blogs I read (the Bloomingdales challenge ended Jan 28th - he won!) and everyone seems to have wonderful things to say about it. I smile every time I see it in my inspiration folder. I can't remember where I read this but someone ( and it may have been Ross himself, who charmingly defined his inspiration as the "modern woman who loves to travel and entertain"), commented that it was a room fit for a modern day Holly Golightly.
I LOVE this description. The idea and the execution are stylish, whimsical and must appeal to every girl whose seen Breakfast at Tiffany's and can't help but fall in love with the mess that is Holly Golightly. All of Miss Golightly's personality complexities aside, she is a style icon. And while the modern woman probably shouldn't adopt her idiosyncrasies, her personal aesthetic is classic and glamorous.

{ these little vignettes give so much life to the room, I could easily see Holly sitting on the couch eating little pink sweets and reading this month's Vogue}
In a sort of translation from this lovely room (or window as the case may be), I created a look of how I imagine the modern day Holly Golightly would dress; a look that I think is elegant, playful and modern, yet timeless.

J.Crew Minnie Pants, Marc Jacobs Purse, Tibi Silk Scalloped Tank, London Sole Flats, Ray Ban'Glasses, Burberry Trench, Kate Spade Necklace

No comments:

Post a Comment