Don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can ever go wrong"- Ella Fitzgerald

Friday, April 30, 2010



Creamy neutrals. Gold hardware. Pops of turquoise and hydrangea blue. My springtime accessories inspiration comes from this immaculately decorated foyer which I adore. Probably because it's not that much of a departure from the elements I usually gravitate towards in fashion. Elegant neutrals like crisp white tops and nude sandals, understated prints on skirts and shorts, accessories with hints of sparkle and pops of color.
Not quite the strong and vibrant hues of summer, this palate eases into the warm weather season. The gold hardware adds structure and some dressiness to what could be a more bohemian look. But that's what I love about turquoise. A little bit country, a little bit beachy, and a lot of Ralph Lauren ads, turquoise suits any style, look and skin tone. And nothing says spring and summer in Rhode Island like a vibrant, fragrant hydrangea bush. Right before my mom left my twin sister and I at our first year of college, she left us with hydrangeas in our dorm rooms. Something, maybe, to remind us of that great last summer spent at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment