Don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can ever go wrong"- Ella Fitzgerald

Wednesday, April 21, 2010




Alaina Kaczmarski's print is perfect. I love blogs, I read them avidly and keep all of my favorites on a pink sticky note on my computer desktop so I can check up on them during boring lectures :). But I never thought I could have a blog. The women's whose blogs I read are stylish, talented, and funny. They have beautiful layouts, and many of them work in design and fashion for a living. I'm certainly not fabulous enough to have a blog. What would I even write about?

...... "I can write a blog. I have thoughts". This quote from Julie & Julia (which I love because Julie totally reminds me of/ is my mom) kind of gave me the push I needed. The blogs I read have really inspired me in so many ways, and I do have thoughts to write about. I'm not sure if these thoughts are ready to be non anonymous yet, so I'm going to keep my blog to myself for now. Maybe some day soon I will feel comfortable sharing it with the people I love, but until then I will be anonymously keeping a diary in cyber space!
I'm at an interesting point in my life. I have to try and start defining who I am and where I'm going. I've listed some of my goals, many of which have been inspired by the blogs I read and the women who write them. Hopefully I can use this blog to hold myself accountable and keep a diary of my work along the way....

1. Find a signature look and improve upon it.

2. Become more green. Some of the things I love most exist in nature, supporting the green movement will allow me to give back and feel healthier. Not too mention some of the organic/ eco friendly products are so lovely and stylish!

3. Reach my goal weight. Fitness and eating healthy have become a lot more important to me, and I'm really trying to live by the idea that "health is the best gift you can give yourself". Obviously, my slip ups are quite common.

4. Explore potential majors and find an academic passion!
(I love writing... phase 1: blog.)

until next time! - K.A.


1 comment:

  1. This just made my weekend. : ) And I hear you loud and clear when you say, "I'm at an interesting point in my life. I have to try and start defining who I am and where I'm going." That's why I started Live Creating Yourself. I wish you the best of luck in this endeavor! I've had so much fun with mine.

    Cheers,
    Alaina

    ReplyDelete