Don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can ever go wrong"- Ella Fitzgerald

Thursday, May 27, 2010



Summer work hasn't started for me yet,so I've been enjoying long lazy days on my own schedule. My bed sits right against a huge bay window, so I almost feel like I'm enjoying the outdoors from the comfort of my own white bed. I've been on a television watching marathon, in a duvet burrito nursing my hazlenut coffee all morning. I finished up 24 (the official end) last night with my boyfriend, and today I capped off Gossip Girl. All I could think about was how I wanted to throw all of my gorgeous designer clothes into a suitcase and jet off to Paris with my best friend (fantasy, fantasy). Although, I'm kind of sick of watching Blair and Chuck almost get there, and then have it f*cked up again. I don't know how many more times I can watch that happen. I just want them to be happy!
Since I slept nice and late this morning and didn't have a coffee till 11, I had breakfast for lunch. (once again, in the comfort of my own bed, but I did at least put on jeans and make the bed. I just sat on TOP of the duvet this time) I had quaker instant oats with 2%, Siggis's vanilla icelandic yogurt, raspberries and almond slivers all mixed into one breakfast mess. honestly SO DELICIOUS. And strangely attractive looking, I will definitely post a picture as these yogurt/oatmeal/ fruit & nut concoctions are pretty regular for me. It made me very happy!
Kind of like this picture, but swap the ice cream for creamy (and for a breakfast food, just as good! ) icelandic yogurt. Raspberries have been on sale at the brand new absolutely stunning food mecca that is the new Whole Foods by my house. It has 3 huge salad bars, an espresso bar, a plethora of gourmet prepared foods, and a gelato station. It is absolute heaven.

Thank god it cooled down after a scorching 90 degrees yesterday, I'm off to hit the running trails in Waveny park for some exercise before I see SATC II with my girls tonight! The NY Times didn't give it the best review, but I'm sure it will be visually stunning and I think everything Sex and The City is great so I'm sure I'll love this movie too (even though I'm sure it cannot top the first, which I consider cinematic perfection)

P.S. I absolutely love Rubie Green's advertisements. I think the styling, the models and the products are gorgeous. I can never resist dragging her pictures to my desk top. In fact I aspire to BE the girl in the comforter above, at least in the early morning hours... How cute is this fall ad?!

No comments:

Post a Comment